- WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION TO BECOME A KYMCO USA DEALER?
- HOW MUCH WILL MY INITIAL INVESTMENT BE TO BECOME A KYMCO USA DEALER?
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET SET UP AS A KYMCO USA DEALER?
- WHAT ARE THE STEPS IN BECOMING A KYMCO USA DEALER?
- WHAT ARE KYMCO USA’S FREIGHT CHARGES?
- HOW MUCH DO THE UNITS COST?
- HOW SOON CAN I GET PRODUCT?
- WHERE ARE KYMCO PRODUCTS MADE?
- Dealership must have a showroom, service area and service technician.
- Dealership must not be located within the relevant market area of an existing KYMCO USA Dealership. (Check the current dealer list for your state on the KYMCO USA website and check your state laws requiring minimum distance for same line dealerships.)
- Dealership must have a computer with internet access.
- Dealership must apply for Wells Fargo or NorthPoint flooring account.
- Dealership must submit valid new dealer order meeting current program minimums.
- Dealership must purchase and display approved, outdoor signage.
- Dealership must have all state required permits / licenses to sell and service KYMCO USA product.
- Dealership facilities must meet desired KYMCO USA image.
- Total initial cost will vary depending on the models ordered and if you are a Full Line (on and off-road) or Single Line Franchise (2wheel/4wheel only). A requested minimum $75-$100K credit limit is suggested for Wells Fargo or Northpoint. Flooring terms will vary depending on current program in place when new dealer order is entered.
- Initial Point of Sale Kit –approx $800.00
- Outdoor Signage – varies depending on sign ordered – approx -$300.00 – $800.00
- Stocking Parts Kits – cost will vary depending on kit ordered – price ranges from $500.00 – $3600.00
If a potential dealership is approved by KYMCO USA management, new dealers are typically active on the KYMCO USA system within 48 hours.
- Prospective dealer submits web profile
- KYMCO USA reviews and responds to web profile. If profile meets all criteria the prospect’s contact information is forwarded to the District Sales Manager for follow up. The KYMCO USA DSM follows up with the prospect. If DSM and prospect want to pursue a KYMCO USA partnership, the DSM will present the KYMCO USA Dealer agreement and new dealer order form.
- Dealer submits the KYMCO USA dealer agreement and new dealer order form to the KYMCO USA DSM.
- The KYMCO USA DSM will submit completed dealer agreement and order form to corporate office for approval. If approved by KYMCO USA management, dealer agreement is processed and new dealer is added to the KYMCO USA system; unit orders are processed and the Point of Sale kit is processed and shipped.
- NOTE: INCOMPLETE DEALER APPLICATIONS RESULT IN DELAYS. YOU ARE NOT CONSIDERED AN AUTHORIZED KYMCO USA DEALER UNTIL YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED AND SIGNED OFF ON BY KYMCO USA MANAGEMENT.
Currently, freight is included in dealer cost.
We provide prospective dealers a confidential price list after initial contact with the DSM and a mutual decision is made to proceed with the dealership application.
Lead-time will vary depending on current inventory and market situations. Maximum lead-time to obtain product would be 90 – 120 days from date of order entry.
KYMCO has manufacturing facilities in both China and Taiwan.