MXU 500 OVERVIEW
When you’re looking for the most exceptional value in an ATV available today, look no further than the MXU 500. New for 2010 the MXU 500 incorporates a totally new redesigned chassis with anti-sway bar and class leading independent front and rear suspension for precise handling in the most extreme terrain. The reliable single cylinder 499cc DOHC, 4-stroke water-cooled engine now includes an Keihin 36.5mm carburetor with auto choke for flawless cold weather starting in any elevation. Power is delivered to the wheels by our maintenance free sealed shaft final drive including smooth automatic CVT transmission with reverse. Shift on a fly 4x4 traction helps conquer tough off-road conditions while our front Differential Lock is a flip of a switch away for the most extreme off-road conditions. Large world class disc brakes both front and rear for secure controlled stops, 2” receiver hitch, and easy-to-read multi-function digital display complete the package.
- 499cc DOHC Liquid-Cooled
- Smooth-Shifting CVT Automatic Transmission
- Shaft Drive with Shift on Demand 2WD/4WD
- Differential Lock
- Backlit Digital Dash (clock, mph, trip, fuel, odometer)
- Heavy-Duty Front and Rear Equipment Racks
- Standard 2” Receiver Hitch
- Dual A-Arm Front with Fully Independent Rear Suspension
- Disc Brakes
- C.A.R.B. Certified with USFS-Approved Spark Arrestor
- One-Year Limited Factory Warranty
- KYMCO Rider-Training Instructional DVD
Before You Ride
The ATV Safety Institute's Golden Rules:
- Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
- Never ride on paved roads except to cross when done safely and permitted by law - another vehicle could hit you. ATVs are designed to be operated off-highway.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never carry a passenger on a single-rider ATV, and no more than one passenger on an ATV specifically designed for two people.
- Ride an ATV that's right for your age.
- Supervise riders younger than 16; ATVs are not toys.
- Ride only on designated trails and at a safe speed.
- Take a hands-on ATV Rider Course and the free online
E-Course. Visit ATVSafety.org or call 800-887-2887.